Monday, October 5, 2015

Not better, just different

Added the charm for chemo #6, a horse head.
Running out of  ideas!
I had hoped Taxol would be better than the Adriamycin/Cytoxin (AC) combo, but so far it's really not. I don't know that it's worse, just different (unless I break out in hives again. Then it will be officially worse).

The fatigue is just as bad, although my heart doesn't get racing after simple things like brushing my teeth, so I think my blood counts are bouncing back. I've been sequestered in my room since Friday, curled up in bed, and this is the first time I've had enough energy to get the computer out. I threw up once on Saturday, which is new. I don't know why.

There is bone pain with Taxol, although only for a couple days (the worst was on Saturday). I'm taking L-Glutamine for that and I think the pain this time was actually not quite as bad as last time. It's not unbearable, but it's not pleasant. On the other hand, Taxol doesn't seem so hard on the mucus membranes--I had a couple sips of soda today, and for the first time in months it didn't hurt to swallow (the carbonation was getting to me before). I also had less of an issue with my mouth last cycle, so I hope that continues this time. I should start feeling it tomorrow if there are going to be mouth sores. Still taking the L-Lysine.

I'm still pretty exhausted and am probably about done on the computer after doing a little work. Just thought I'd give a quick update.

No comments:

Post a Comment